1．The Day of Vaccination
Please arrive at the vaccination site on time.
After vaccination, you will be asked to wait for 15 to 30 minutes before leaving.
This is so that medical staff can respond if you have a serious reaction to the vaccine.
The entire process will take about one hour.
Necessary Items to Receive Your Vaccination
- Vaccination Ticket and Certificate of Vaccination
（Do not do cut, glue, or do anything else to these documents. Just bring them to your reservation.）
- Medical Pre-Examination Form
- (attention1) It is essential that you complete this form on the day of your vaccine.
- (attention2) Please describe your current condition (health) so the doctor can ensure it is safe to vaccinate you.
- Personal Identification Document (such as a residence card)
- (attention1) 1 and 2 are inside of the envelope that you will receive.
- (attention2) The vaccine will be injected at your shoulder. Please wear clothes that allow easy access to your shoulders.
- (attention3) Please wear a mask to your reservation.
How to fill out the medical pre-examination form
You can see English, Vietnamese, Khmer, and other language versions of the form here:
Please use these samples as a reference for filling in the form sent to you.
(Do not fill out the form in another language)
(attention)If you are sick or are unable to go to your appointment, please call the call center (see below) to cancel.
Please do not come to the vaccination if any of the following conditions are true for you:
- You have a body temperature of 37.5 or higher on your scheduled day of vaccination.
- Someone near you has contracted COVID and you are waiting to see if you also have COVID.
- You or a member of your family visited an area with a high rate of infection within the past two weeks.
- You have come into close contact with someone from an area with a high rate of infection in the last two weeks.
2．What Is a Pre-Existing Condition?
Information about pre-existing conditions in multiple languages, including English, Vietnamese, and Khmer can be seen here:
(attention)If you have a pre-existing condition, please write that on your medical pre-examination form.
You do not need to attach medical proof of the condition.
3．Vaccine Side Effects
You may become ill after receiving the vaccine. Pain at the injection site, headaches, joint and muscle pain, tiredness, chills, fever, and more are all possible side effects. If a side effect you have worries you, please call the Shimane COVID-19 Call Center at 0852-33-7638 (to consult in a language other than Japanese, please call the Shimane International Center’s One Stop Center at 070-3774-9329)
For more information on the vaccine in several languages, click on the link below.
- Consult with your doctor before getting the vaccine if you are recovering from an illness or taking medication.
- The vaccine is free, so there is no need to seek out payment options for the vaccine or to give out your personal information.
If you receive any suspicious phone calls about the vaccine, please report them to the police.
5．Who to Contact with Questions About the Vaccine
Matsue City COVID-19 Vaccine Consultations (Call Center)
Phone: 0570-085277 (Telephone charges apply)
Available every day, including weekends and holidays
- English, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Portuguese – 8:30 am to 5:15 pm
- Thai – 9 am to 5:15 pm
- Vietnamese – 10 am to 5:15 pm
Tell the operator which language you would like to speak.
Please only call with questions about getting the vaccination or to make a reservation.
Information about side effects is not available here.
For questions about side effects after receiving the vaccine call:
Shimane COVID-19 Call Center
- Phone: 0852-33-7638
- Hours: 8:30am - 9:00pm every day (including weekends and holidays)
(attention)Support is only available in Japanese. Please call the below number first for other language support.
Shimane Internation Center’s One Stop Center
- Phone: 070-3774-9329
- Skype ID: Soudan@SIC
- Hours: 9:00am - 5:00pm (weekdays only)
Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare COVID-19 Vaccine Call Center
Phone: 0120-761770（free dial）
Available every day including weekends and holidays
- English, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Portuguese, and Spanish: 9:00am - 9:00pm
- Thai: 9:00am - 6:00pm
- Vietnamese: 10:00am - 7:00pm